Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Better Days Ahead!

Today was a much better day for me. I was able to take more stuff in. I am extremely excited about Skype after we had our session this morning. I agree with Dr. Zeitz that this will make our classrooms more global. Students can interact with experts from around the world. I could see incorporating this into my industrial tech. class. For example, during my rocketry and space module I could talk to NASA experts on the field of rocket science.

I was also intrigued with Steve Hargadon this morning. I really liked his idea about becoming a lead expert on a specific topic and how students could do this using Ning. I don't know if I could use this in my class, but I would like to introduce this technology to my colleagues. I think it would be a great way for students in specific classes to share writings, ideas, and/or collaborate on projects.

It will be harder to convince me of the importance of 2nd Life. I agree it is a kick and I think students might be initially motivated at the prospect of using it, but I could also see students abusing it. I am such a pessimist! Here is a video I found about the educational use of 2nd Life.

No comments: