Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What a Great Day!

Today was an all around great day for me. I was really having fun learning today. Part of the reason for this is something that Dr. Zeitz said today. He said that we cannot be current on all new technology. Technology is basically changing way too fast. We need to focus those technologies we feel we will use and with which we will be the most productive.

Podcasting is the greatest. I would like to incorporate this somehow into my audio broadcasting module. I think my students would really enjoy it. Using garageband to create the podcasts was awesome. I really like this software because it is really intuitive to use. You can find your way around this software quite reqdily.

As far as voicethreading, I thought my colleagues did an excellent job introducing the class to this application. Mr. Vrotny only increased my interest in this technology. Unfortunately, I don't have the time for my students to use this software. However, I will try to find a place for this in my class in the very near future. And, I am going to introduce this technology to my colleagues at work. I can see this as being a valuable storytelling device and/or a unique way to deliver researched material. It also includes a wonderful way for all students to provide feedback.



No comments: