Friday, June 20, 2008

In my Lego Robotics class we have a final project in which they have to design and program a sumo robot. The students could explain the design steps they went through using voicethread. Other students could then respond to their project with critiques which could provide the student with feedback. This feedback could allow the students to improve the robotic design or robotic software.

21classes seems like a good way to teach students blogging. However, I don't think many administrators are ready to let students to blog in a school setting. I think it could be an excellent way for students to share ideas in a safe online environment.

I think this last reflection is a great way to reflect on the entire week as a whole. I would like to be able to go back to my school and convince my staff how important this new technology is and that is not adding to their work, but enhancing their work.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Kevin ~ I love your idea on using VoiceThread for your robotics team at school. I’m going to share your idea with my colleagues at work when I return next week. Locally we are really big in supporting the Cedar Rapids schools with engineers to run their Lego competitions. I see your idea as a wonderful booster to the child’s self-esteem and if setup properly, it’s also a marketing tool for the program and its sponsors/teachers. ~ Becky